Dear Family,
Explosion is the word to describe the beginning of every transfer :)
Transfers happened on Tuesday. We got the calls on Monday morning and my new companion is (drum roll please) Sister Killen! She's originally from San Diego, California, but moved to Pleasant Grove right before her senior year and has lived there ever since. She came to the mission in January. She was part of the first group I ever did the new sisters' meeting for as a site trainer, so this is the beginning of her fifth transfer (just like it was for me when I became site trainer). Sister Killen is a powerhouse on tour. She has a background in theater performance (she and I are both obsessed with musicals -- I love watching them and she loves performing in them :D). She has so much to offer and I know without a doubt she is the person Heavenly Father called.
We had transfer meeting at the Hill Cumorah and the whole mission came regardless of whether you were being transferred or not. It was the first time I've ever seen every missionary in the whole mission at the same time. It was fun to see some of the missionaries I hadn't seen in a while and catch up. It was kind of President and Sister Christianson's goodbye address (minus the fact that the sisters and site couples get to hear from them again at site meeting this week which I'm certainly not complaining about :D) but it was still so sad. That was the last time most of the elders will see them while on a mission. They were great as usual. Sister Christianson told this story of how someone (I can't remember who) was driving President Packer to the Church Office Building one day and Pres. Packer had brought a bird figure he had sculpted. The person telling the story was driving the car and stopped too fast and the bird figure fell off the seat and broke. The driver was so apologetic and felt so terrible for breaking the bird and President Packer in his kind demeanor simply said, "Don't worry. I created it. I know how to fix it." Sister Christianson related that to our Heavenly Father and how He truly does know how to fix us through the atonement, we just have to let Him. President re-emphasized the importance of the Book of Mormon and of drinking from it's pages. He said, "Step into the shower of the Book of Mormon and let it drench you." I want to do that for the rest of my life.
We had a really great site meeting this last Wednesday. We trained about how to create a spiritual environment while hosting at the sites. We did a couple of really funny role plays with the help of the Poulsons and Sisters Jones and Davis over-exaggerating problems we often have with greeting guests (ex. not being excited and not wanting to stop whatever it is that we are doing to take tours, being overly excited to FINALLY have a tour, everyone repeatedly asking where the guests are from, etc.) It went so well and it was so funny! The whole group was laughing their heads off and it really opened up a lot of helpful discussion. Everyone has taken it to heart and is trying really hard to help guests feel welcomed right from the greeting. Sister Killen did such a great job on her first training!
Things are starting to settle down with the beginning of transfer craziness. The new sisters tour went well. All the new sisters are amazing and super prepared. There are 3 that came from Davis County! Woot woot!
Anyway, I'm about out of time. Thanks so much for all the love and support! Miss you tons and love you all!
Love,
Sister Butters
Explosion is the word to describe the beginning of every transfer :)
Transfers happened on Tuesday. We got the calls on Monday morning and my new companion is (drum roll please) Sister Killen! She's originally from San Diego, California, but moved to Pleasant Grove right before her senior year and has lived there ever since. She came to the mission in January. She was part of the first group I ever did the new sisters' meeting for as a site trainer, so this is the beginning of her fifth transfer (just like it was for me when I became site trainer). Sister Killen is a powerhouse on tour. She has a background in theater performance (she and I are both obsessed with musicals -- I love watching them and she loves performing in them :D). She has so much to offer and I know without a doubt she is the person Heavenly Father called.
We had transfer meeting at the Hill Cumorah and the whole mission came regardless of whether you were being transferred or not. It was the first time I've ever seen every missionary in the whole mission at the same time. It was fun to see some of the missionaries I hadn't seen in a while and catch up. It was kind of President and Sister Christianson's goodbye address (minus the fact that the sisters and site couples get to hear from them again at site meeting this week which I'm certainly not complaining about :D) but it was still so sad. That was the last time most of the elders will see them while on a mission. They were great as usual. Sister Christianson told this story of how someone (I can't remember who) was driving President Packer to the Church Office Building one day and Pres. Packer had brought a bird figure he had sculpted. The person telling the story was driving the car and stopped too fast and the bird figure fell off the seat and broke. The driver was so apologetic and felt so terrible for breaking the bird and President Packer in his kind demeanor simply said, "Don't worry. I created it. I know how to fix it." Sister Christianson related that to our Heavenly Father and how He truly does know how to fix us through the atonement, we just have to let Him. President re-emphasized the importance of the Book of Mormon and of drinking from it's pages. He said, "Step into the shower of the Book of Mormon and let it drench you." I want to do that for the rest of my life.
We had a really great site meeting this last Wednesday. We trained about how to create a spiritual environment while hosting at the sites. We did a couple of really funny role plays with the help of the Poulsons and Sisters Jones and Davis over-exaggerating problems we often have with greeting guests (ex. not being excited and not wanting to stop whatever it is that we are doing to take tours, being overly excited to FINALLY have a tour, everyone repeatedly asking where the guests are from, etc.) It went so well and it was so funny! The whole group was laughing their heads off and it really opened up a lot of helpful discussion. Everyone has taken it to heart and is trying really hard to help guests feel welcomed right from the greeting. Sister Killen did such a great job on her first training!
Things are starting to settle down with the beginning of transfer craziness. The new sisters tour went well. All the new sisters are amazing and super prepared. There are 3 that came from Davis County! Woot woot!
Anyway, I'm about out of time. Thanks so much for all the love and support! Miss you tons and love you all!
Love,
Sister Butters
No comments:
Post a Comment